Welcome to Muse Technologies
Part of the fun of an app like Lucky is that you get to go with your gut instinct. See someone you like? Swipe right. If they swipe on you too, you start talking, and things go from there. It’s as easy as that.
Of course, this kind of freedom requires some common sense. The last thing you want is for something as fun as a hookup going south, and becoming uncomfortable. Or even worse, to find yourself in an unsafe situation. (Hopefully you haven’t been there, because it kinda sucks.)
Good thing there’s a middle ground. A little common sense can go a long way in the world of online dating — keep these tips in mind, and the rest will be all about having a good time.
1. Share Your Details, SlowlyLucky’s cool, because we let you send pics, texts, audio, video, and make phone calls, all within the app. This way, you can decide when to hand out your personal number. You’ll know the right time for that, but until that time, it’s always best to keep identifying info to a minimum.
2. And That Goes For Your NameIt’s crazy how much information someone can get, just when they know your first and last name. If you want to go by your first name? That’s cool. But hold on to the rest until you know someone well enough to know they’re not a weirdo.
3. Report CreepsIf someone’s bugging you? You know it. It’s not just someone not getting the hint — this person feels unstable. Please, block that person, and report them (this is true for us, and for other dating apps). Getting that person off the site makes the whole experience better and safer for everybody, and with any luck, you haven’t told them anything about yourself.
4. Don’t Be Afraid of Detective WorkThis is a big one. It’s easy to call someone a stalker when they’re combing through the last few years of a match’s social media, but it’s actually not a bad idea. You’re not breaking into anybody’s diary here — this is information they’re sharing with the world, provided they’re willing to share their name with you. Just so happens that it’s also a great way to find out whether someone is actually, well, real. Click away.
5. Share Your WhereaboutsWhen you’re heading out the door to meet someone, drop your best friend a text, telling them that you’re going out. Or tell your roommate, or whoever. Point is, let somebody know that you’re going out, and where they can look for you if you go AWOL. Nobody wants to jump to conclusions, but better safe than sorry, and it’ll take, like, 10 seconds.
Read more: https://www.luckyapp.co/top-10-tips-for-a-safe-hookup/